Repeat Medication Requests
It takes 3 working days (72 hours) to process your repeat prescription request, re-issue, print, verify and sign.
You may order a supply of your authorised repeat medication in one of the following ways:
- By ticking your requirements on the counterfoil attached to your previous prescription or fill in a request slip at the surgery. These can be put though the door or in the box in reception.
- By post to: Preston Grove Medical Centre, Preston Grove, Yeovil, Somerset. BA20 2BQ
- Faxed to: 01935 425171
- Or click above on the online Repeat Prescriptions Form
(Please do not order your prescriptions more than 2 weeks before they are due, as these request will not be processed)
Please state clearly on your request your:
We do not accept prescription requests over the phone, as verbal requests can lead to errors.
(Please note: If you have completely run out of medication and need it urgently for that day, please come to the Surgery. Where possible the prescription will be ready to collect at 6pm if requested before 12 (mid-day) and if the doctor agrees to issue the medication. Please do not send e-mails or use online form.)
You can collect your prescription from the surgery 3 full working days after ordering or you can request it to be sent to a local pharmacy. (Please allow an extra day for collection from a phamacy)
Preddy, Boots, Asda, Tesco, Superdrug, Penn Hill, Abbey, Co-op, Options etc.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS
Three full working days notice is required to process each repeat prescription request – please do not wait until you have run out.
WHEN WILL MY PRESCRIPTION BE READY?
Repeat Prescription requested at the surgery (when you drop it off to be processed)
Repeat Prescription ready to collect from the surgery (this does not include the prescription being dispensed at the pharmacy)
Friday Afternoon after 5pm
If a bank holiday falls between the ordering and collection day, please add an additional day to collection times.
Christmas, New Year and Easter
During Christmas and Easter periods please allow two extra days
EPS - Electronic Prescribing System
Electronic Prescription Service From Wednesday 29th October 2014 this practice will be offering the Electronic Prescription Service if you nominate a pharmacy, your GP will send all future prescriptions electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
We will ONLY be offering this on repeat prescription medications. We will not be able to offer this on Controlled Drug prescriptions due to restrictions with type of prescription.
If you would like to take advantage of this service and haven’t yet completed a nomination form, you should ask your preferred pharmacy to set your nomination. You don’t need a computer to do this.
This will not affect the way that you order / request prescriptions.
Benefits for you
- If you get a repeat prescription, you will not have to spend your time going to your GP practice each time to pick up your paper prescription. Instead your GP will send it automatically to the place you choose, with less chance of it getting lost.
- Nearly all pharmacies will be connected to the service, so you will be able to get your medicines from any pharmacy you choose – whether it’s near home, work or the shops.
- You may not have to wait as long for your prescription items, as often there will be time to get your repeat prescription items ready before you arrive. If any of the medicines on your prescription are out of stock when the pharmacist receives your prescription, they can be ordered in ready for you.
What happens if I do not wish to use the service?
Nothing- you will continue to get paper prescriptions as you do now.
A full list of pharmacies who are offering electronic prescriptions is listed on NHS Choices Website You will see ‘Electronic Prescription Service Available here’ next to the name of the pharmacy listed.